The GHIN Handicap Service from the USGA is the gold standard for computing your golf handicap. While it is a requirement to have an established handicap to play in many tournaments, that is not the only reason to get a GHIN handicap. With a handicap, you can play fair and fun games with your golfing friends and measure your progress. And a GHIN handicap helps support your local club and the SDGA as we work together to grow the game and improve it for our members.
How do I join the SDGA and get a USGA GHIN Handicap?
- Purchase online at JOIN / RENEW
- Contact your local course. Most courses in South Dakota offer SDGA membership and the GHIN handicapping service.
- Contact the SDGA at email@example.com or call 605-740-7085.
GHIN Mobile App - **Soon with GPS!**
The GHIN Mobile App is FREE wth your membership. Here are some of the great features of the app.
- Post your scores. You can keep your score on the app and post immediately after your round.
- Keep your stats. If you post your score hole-by-hole, you can also keep track of your golfing stats like fairways hit, greens in regulations, number of putts, etc.. It is a great way to improve by identifying your strenths and weaknesses.
- Play with friends. You can easily access the latest handicap information for your golfing buddies so you can have a fun and fair game from any set of tees when you play.
- GPS - Coming soon, you will be able to have accurate GPS information through the GHIN Mobile App.
Other Benefits of SDGA Membership
- Reduced fees at courses across the state through the SDGA Golf Discount Card, a $20 value for just $5 with your membership.
- **Coming Soon** Other discounts and specials for SDGA members.
- Your membership supports the SDGA and our efforts to grow the game.
- SDGA Junior Golf Tours
- SDGA Member Club Services
- Course Rating and Handicap Administration
- Rules of Golf
- SDGA Junior Golf Foundation Scholarships
- First Tee of South Dakota