JUNIOR GOLF SCHOLARSHIPS AVAILABLE FALL OF 2022
The South Dakota Golf Association Junior Golf Foundation offers six $1,500 scholarships to high school seniors who will be attending a post high school educational facility in South Dakota. Scholarships will be paid in the second semester. Scholarship winners will be responsible for sending verification from their school stating the student is enrolled full time for the spring semester of 2023.
REQUIREMENTS FOR APPLICATION
- Applicants must have lived in the state of South Dakota for a minimum of the past two years.
- Applicants will be attending a four-year South Dakota college, university or accredited post high school institution during the upcoming fall semester.
- Applicants must complete the Scholarship Application Form. You can download the pdf and mail the application, or you can submit the application online. If you use the online option, be prepared to upload the following documents:
- Golf Resume
- Application deadline is June 30, 2022
SCREENING OF APPLICANTS
A committee of SDGA Junior Golf Foundation directors will determine scholarship winners. Participation on the SDGA Junior Tour, SDGA Adult championships, and the SDGA Junior Championship will be given a high priority. In addition, applicants will be judged by their participation in golf at the local club level, their high school academic achievement and participation in other high school activities not related to golf, as well as leadership qualities, honesty, integrity, and sportsmanship.
CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR 2021 SDGA JUNIOR GOLF SCHOLARSHIP WINNERS!
- Brody Boltjes of Platte, who is attending South Dakota State University
- Nash Colberg of White, who is attending the Lake Area Technical College
- Kelsey Heath of Sisseton, who is attending Mounty Marty University
- Braydon Jones of Aberdeen, who is attending the SD School of Mines and Technology
- Shannon McCormick of Sioux Falls, who is attending Augustana University
- Masy Mock of Mitchell, who is attending Augustana University